KC Manuscript Collection 194
This collection materials was compiled by Betsy Boyd of Kingsport, Tennessee. Boyd served as chairman of the city’s Homecoming ’86 Project Committee. The collection consists of news clippings, correspondence, bumper stickers, and publications such as Homecoming Times created by the Tennessee Homecoming ’86 committee based in Nashville. News clippings consist of two categories. There are specific clippings related to improving Kingsport’s parks and trees. Correspondence in the collection is related with a focus on Cloud Park. Other clippings concern businesses in Kingsport and provide some historical information about each organization.
Businesses and organizations covered in the clippings are:
Baysmont Health Center
Kingsport Grocery Company
Lube ’N Go
TV and Radio Clinic
Western Sizzlin’ Steakhouse
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Betsy Boyd Collection, 1947-2004. KC Manuscript Collection 194, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Betsy Boyd donated this collection. Additions were made in 2014.
Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in February 2007. Revisions to the finding aid were done by Brianne Wright in November 2014.
1. Brochures and Promotional Materials, 1947-2004 and undated
2. Chamber of Commerce Materials, 1953-1960
3. Clippings, Community Businesses and Organizations, 1986
4. Clippings, Kingsport’s Homecoming ’86 Activities, 1985-1986
5. Correspondence, 1985-1986 and 1988
6. Correspondence, 1949-1991 (from 2014 addition)
7. Dobyns-Bennett High School Sports Program, November 2, 1979
8. Kiwanis Club, Programs and Clippings, 1959 and 1963
9. Publications, Bumper Stickers, and Kingsport Pin “70 Great Years,” 1985-1987
10. Publications, 1979 and undated
11. Quillen Family, Miscellaneous Materials, 1980-1996