KC Manuscript Collection 59
The Claude Jones collection contains materials related to Jones’s employment at the Kingsport Press, Inc. in Kingsport,Tennessee. Jones worked at the Press from 1 July 1936 through 12 March 1982. Records include personal papers, various programs and activities, miscellaneous in-house publications, trade manuals, a couple photographs, and an employee seniority list that was published shortly before plant employees went on strike in 1963.
Claude S. Jones died in 1995.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Claude S. Jones Collection, 1931-1987. KC Manuscript Collection 59, Archives of the City of Kingsport,Tennessee.
Patsy Jones donated this collection in 1995 and 1997.
Jeff A. Jenson reprocessed the collection and developed the finding aid in February 2006. Revisions to the finding aid were made by Brianne Johnson in May 2008.
Jones, Claude S., 1916-1995.
1. Banquet Programs, 1972 and 1975-76
2. Certificate, Retirement, and Benefit Materials, 1971 and 1981-1987
3. Correspondence, January 21, 1957 and January 12, 1965
4. Photographs (2) and Certificates (2), 1950s
5. Seniority Lists, February 1, 1963 (2 copies)
6. Publication, “KP Rec. Club: 4 Seasons of Fun,” 1977; Publications, Miscellaneous, 1954 and 1967
7. Publications, “Kingsport Press Salary Program for Exempt Employees,” undated
8. Publications, Kingsport Press Educational Series: Glossary of Technical Terms, August 1931; Publications, Kingsport Press: Glossary of Book Manufacturing Terms, September 1977
9. Publications, Newspiper, April 2, 1982 and July 1982 (Kingsport Press Newspaper)
10. Publications, Style Manuals, undated