Search Finding Aids by Keyword(s)

Crossroads United Methodist Church Collection, c. 1921-2008

KC Manuscript Collection 542

INTRODUCTION

Title: Crossroads United Methodist Church Collection

Collection Number: Kingsport Community Manuscript Collection (KCMC) 542

Physical Description: 4 boxes, 1 oversized item

Creator: Crossroads United Methodist Church Collection

Repository: Archives of the City of Kingsport

 

ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION

Provenance: The Crossroads United Methodist Church Collection was donated to the Archives of the City of Kingsport by Garrett White, Chairman, Crossroads United Methodist Church, in July 2012.

Access/Restrictions: There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.

Processed by: This collection processed Brianne Wright and opened for research in February 2013.

 

COLLECTION CITATION

This collection should be cited as: Crossroads United Methodist Church Collection, c. 1921-2008 and undated. KC Manuscript Collection 542, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.

 

SCOPE AND CONTENT

The Crossroads United Methodist Church Collection consists of documents and photographs relating to the church. The church was started in 1929 as West View Methodist Church, with Reverend Dosser appointed as Minister. In 1961, the church was renamed Stone Drive Methodist Church. Currently the church is named Crossroads United Methodist Church.

 

Box 1

1. Building Photographs, 1963 and undated

2. Choir, 1957 and undated

3. Church Directories, Bloomingdale Baptist Church, 1969 and 1986

4. Church Fire, documents and photographs, 1966

5. Church Register, West View Methodist Episcopal Church South, 1927-1950s

6. Deeds and Mortgages (copies), c. 1921-1950

7. Directory, 1976

8. Directory, 1981

9. Directory, 1986

10. Directory, 1987

11. Directory, 1989

12. Directory, 1990

13. Directory, 1991

14. Directory, 1992

15. Directory, 1993

16. Directory, 1994

17. Directory, 1995

18. Directory, 1996

19. Handicap Ramp Celebration, 1960s

20. The History of Stone Drive United Methodist Church, 1929-1984, 1984

21. J.O.Y. (Just Older Youth) Club, book of minutes, 1983-1988

22. Mission Trip, Jessee Lee Home, 1963 and Kingsport Preaching Mission, 1971

23. Official Membership Rolls, May 25, 1984

24. Plans for Addition, 1966

25. Program, June 26, 1977

26. Program, 1988

27. Resolution to Discontinue Stone Drive United Methodist Church, 1987-1996

28. United Methodist Women, 1991 and 1992

29. West View Park Methodist Church, Dedication Certificate and Program, 1942

 

BOX 2

 

1. Scrapbook, 1932-1961, 1980 and undated

2. Scrapbook, 2001-2008 and undated

3. Scrapbook, 2002

 

BOX 3

1. Scrapbook, 1953-1986 and undated

2. Scrapbook, 1987 and undated

 

BOX 4

1. United Methodist Youth Fellowship Photo Album, 1994-1997 (1 of 2)

2. United Methodist Youth Fellowship Photo Album, 1994-1997 (2 of 2)

3. Scrapbook, 1968-1974

4. Keys

 

Oversize Item

Blueprints, Addition to Stone Drive, August 26, 1966