KC Manuscript Collection 154
This collection contains files created by Harry B. A. Ford, a Kingsport resident and cousin of singer Tennessee Ernie Ford. Harry Ford was a member of Sons of Confederate Veterans and The Fraternal Organization of the Eagles (he was “Grand Worthy President” of that organization from 1968-1969). He held the position of chairman of the Sullivan County Democratic Party in the 1968 election year. Ford was also involved in several businesses including Ford Investment Co., Ford Maintenance Inc. (janitorial supplies), and Heritage Builders. The collection includes papers from all of these organizations as well as correspondence, deeds and loans, and speech material. All correspondence is located in the Correspondence folder, with the exception of Democratic Party Correspondence, which can be found in folder 9.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Harry B. A. Ford Collection, 1963-1986. KC Manuscript Collection 154, Archives of the City of Kingsport,Tennessee.
E. Marshall Galloway processed the collection and developed the finding aid in September 2006.
Democratic Party (U.S.).
Kiwanis Club of Kingsport (Kingsport,Tenn.).
Sons of Confederate Veterans (Organization).
Tennessee–Kingsport–Societies and Clubs.
1. Correspondence, 1967-1986 and undated
2. Deeds and Loans, 1963-1983
3. Ford Investment CO., Receipts, Deed, and Ledger 1970-1979
4. Ford Systems Inc., Receipts, Contracts, and Ledger, 1973-1986 and undated and Heritage Builders, 1975-1979 and undated
5. Fraternal Order of the Eagles, Publications, Contacts, Clippings, and Miscellaneous Documents, 1969-1986
6. Ridgefields Country Club, Account Statements, August 1981-November 1981 and Sons of Confederate Veterans, Membership and Publications, c.1960s-1986 and Kiwanis Club of Kingsport, Dues Statements, undated
7. Newspaper Clippings, 1969-1970 and undated and Personal Financial, 1978 and 1985 and Publications, 1968 and undated
8. Speech Material, c.1960s-1970s
9. State of the Union Message Booklet, 1968 and
Sullivan County Democratic Party, Party Correspondence, Memoranda, and Publications, 1964-1968