KC Manuscript Collection 81
The Howard Vaughn Collection consists of Tennessee Eastman Company publications and Lon Vaughn’s agreement form to work at Tennessee Eastman in Kingsport. Materials included are reports, booklets, insurance plans (undated), and an employee handbook. Tennessee Eastman Corporation (TEC) was founded in Kingsport during 1920 to produce chemicals for Eastman Kodak Company. TEC was renamed Tennessee Eastman Company, a division of Eastman Kodak in 1951, and its name changed in 1968 to Eastman Chemicals Division of Eastman Kodak. The latest name change came in 1990 with the creation of Eastman Chemical Company.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Howard Vaughn Collection, 1937-1985. KC Manuscript Collection 81, Archives of the City ofKingsport,Tennessee.
Howard Vaughn donated this collection in 2003.
Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in April 2006.
Eastman Kodak Company.
Eastman Chemical Company.
Tennessee Eastman Company.
1. Annual Report, 1960
2. Company Insurance Plan, three different booklets, undated
3. General Employees Agreement Form with Lon Vaughn, 1939
4. “A Handbook for the Men and Women ofTennesseeEastman Company,” November 1955 and March 1960
5. “Information about the Eastman Chemicals Division,” 1985
6. “Information for Employees,” booklets, 1937 and 1942