KC Manuscript Collection 47
The James Cochran Collection consists of different versions of his “By the People: A History of the Kingsport Public Library” manuscript with some accompanying correspondence. Included are print versions and a final edition stored on a 3 1/2 inch floppy disk. The actual book is located within the Kingsport Public Library.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
James Cochrane Collection, 1999-2003. KC Manuscript Collection 47, Archives of the City ofKingsport,Tennessee.
Ed McDaniel donated this collection in 2004.
Brian Wilson processed the collection in 2004.
Jeff A. Jenson developed the finding aid in February 2006.
Cochrane, James C., 1925-.
Kingsport Public Library and Archives–History.
1. “By the People,” Version Two, 22 August 1999
2. “By the People,” Version Two with Notes from Tom Bowman, 22 August 1999
3. “By the People,” Version Three, 25 August 2000
4. “By the People,” Draft Version with Notes by Kitti Canepi, undated
5. “By the People,” Handwritten Acknowledgement Page and Typed Introduction, undated
6. Memorandum from Ed McDaniel to Skip Hoyle, 5 December 2002
7. “By the People: A History of the Kingsport Public Library,” Final Version floppy disk, 23 June 2003