KC Manuscript Collection 166
The James “Jim” Mead collection consists of three photographs of Handy’s Restaurant that was located at 418 Cherokee Street in the Five Points area of Kingsport, Tennessee. Mead operated the establishment that was owned by Mack Ray. Two of the images are duplicates showing Mead and two women standing behind the counter. The other photo is of Mead posed in front of the building. Based on the restaurant’s interior, the images might not have been captured during the same time period. Photographer Ralph Lee shot the duplicate 8×10 black and white images.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
James Mead Photographs, c. 1949. KC Manuscript Collection 166, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
James Mead donated this collection in July 1997.
Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in October 2006.
1. Photographs, c.1949
a. Photograph, James Mead standing in front of building, c. 1949
b. Photograph, Restaurant Workers in building, c. 1949
c. Photograph, Restaurant Workers in building, c. 1949