KC Manuscript Collection 266
The James P. Watson Collection consists of one newspaper and one map produced by the Office of the City Engineer. The map shows downtown Kingsport and its environs. It is dated December 12, 1927 and also displays the names of the various owners and business entities within the city. The newspaper is only listed as “The Sunday News” and is dated May 26, 1940.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
James P. Watson Collection. KC Manuscript Collection 266, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
James P. Watson Sr. donated this collection in 2005.
Karen V. Ankabrandt, Archives Intern, developed the finding aid in December 2007.