KC Manuscript Collection 178
The collection contains two photographs of King Motor Company taken in the 1920s. King Motor Company was a Studebaker Automobile sales agency opened in 1925 and dissolved in 1930. The first photograph is an exterior shot of the building taken c. 1925. The second is a group photograph (possibly employees).
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
King Motor Company Photographs, c.1925. KC Manuscript Collection 178, Archives of the City of Kingsport,Tennessee.
Margaret Turpin Byrd donated this collection on 24 February 1996.
E. Marshall Galloway processed the collection and developed the finding aid in December 2006. Brianne Johnson revised the finding aid in May 2008.
King Motor Company.
1. a. Photograph of King Motor Company on the corner of Sullivan Street in the Lovedale area ofKingsport, c.1925
b. Photograph of a group of men which includes Bob Crockett, Johnny Hildreth, Charlie King Harvey, Sr., Jake McConnell, J. Stanley Turpin and J.S. Turpin, undated