KC Manuscript Collection 100
The Kingsport Naval Reserve Center Collection consists of two photographs and one program for the center’s closing. Photographs show the center’s exterior (undated) and personnel from the NR AE27 unit of the U.S.S. Butte taken in 1993. The program booklet was created for the center’s closing that occurred on 17 April 1994.
“The Naval Reserve Center was established in 1946 for the purpose of training and administratively supporting the Navel Reserve Surface program. The center [was] located on the grounds of the Holston Army Ammunition Plant just off of Highway 11-W west of Kingsport.”
Information obtained from collection.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Kingsport Naval Reserve Center Collection, 1993-1994. KC Manuscript Collection 100, Archives of the City of Kingsport,Tennessee.
Joe Allison donated this collection in April 1995.
Archives staff processed this collection.
Jeff A. Jenson developed the finding aid in May 2006.
United States–Navy–Kingsport Naval Reserve Center.
Military base closures–United States.
Kingsport Naval Reserve Center–Photographs.