Read more on "Annual Report" »
Click here to see our Annual Report
Things you probably didn’t know about us:
Read more on "The Affordable Care Act" »
- We have 700-800 people come to the library every day
- You can download, for free, one of over 33,000 ebooks from our website
- You can download, for free, one of over 11,000 audiobooks from our website
- You can download our free app to access our catalog/events and download ebooks/audiobooks on the go
- We can help you improve your computer skills with free classes in word, excel, publisher and power point
- We offer job clinics and one-on-one resume assistance
- You can do genealogy research using our online databases (Ancestry and Heritage Quest) and extensive genealogy collection
- You can find us on facebook, twitter and pinterest
- We have a read-to-a-dog program for children to read aloud to individually. The dogs are trained to be good listeners! This program actually improves the reading level and school grades of children who participate.
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law puts in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that will roll out over four years and beyond. Click here for an overview of the key features of the Affordable Care Act year-by-year.
A primary goal of the Affordable Care Act is to help the 16% uninsured and eligible in Tennessee gain access to quality, affordable healthcare. Central to this goal is the creation of the Health Insurance Marketplace. Through the Marketplace, eligible Americans will be able to enroll in a health plan to get coverage that starts in January 2014.
- 16% uninsured
- 6-month open enrollment period begins Oct. 1, 2013 and ends March 31, 2014
- Coverage begins as early as Jan. 1, 2014
- Many people will get savings they can use right away to help them pay for insurance in the Marketplace (including an individual with income less than $45,960 or a family of 4 with income less than $94,200).
Need health coverage? The Health Insurance Marketplace will give you a clear picture of what you’ll pay and what you’ll get before you make a choice. Visit HealthCare.gov to learn more.
Information about the Health Insurance Marketplace
Read more on "DOWNLOADABLE READS PROBLEM FOR IPADS" »
The new update for the Ipad (ios 7) has created issues with Overdrive (READS downloadables). You must unistall the Overdrive media console ( to do so you hold down on the icon, when all icons start shaking click the x in corner of icon, then delete. ) You must then go into the app store and get overdrive app again. You will have to put in your adobe id again. All should be well after that. The library is checking with our KPL app vendor to see if there’s an issue there, too.
Read more on "Pinterest" »
Are you a Pinner? Come check us out and follow us on Pinterest! You can find us here.
Read more on "Follow us on Twitter!" »
The Kingsport Library now has a Twitter account! Follow us.