Kingsport Public Library will be Closed to the Public beginning Monday, December 14th. Curbside pickup and phone assistance will remain available.
Steps for curbside pickup:
- Materials must be placed on hold in order to be picked up. Place holds by logging in to your account on kingsportlibrary.org or by calling 423-229-9465. You can watch a “How to Place a Hold” walkthrough video on our youtube here: https://youtu.be/Mete3L7bo3M
- Limited to 10 holds per card
- Items placed on hold are not guaranteed to be available
- Schedule an appointment for curbside pickup by visiting the event calendar at kingsportlibrary.org or by calling 423-229-9465
- Offered Monday-Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
- Appointments must be schedules by 3:30 p.m. for same day pickup
- When you arrive at the Library park in spot on New St and call 423-229-9366 to let us know you have arrived
- Be ready to tell us who you are picking up books for
- Let us know the make, model, and color of the vehicle
- Open your trunk
- When the staff member brings out the books hold your driver’s license up to the window so they can verify your identity
- Books will be placed in the trunk
**Returns MUST be placed by you in the outside book returns, staff members are unable to take your returns at curbside delivery.
**No donations will be accepted
**Staff are unable to collect fines
Even though the Library building will be closed, your Kingsport Public Library card provides access to the many digital services we offer. Explore e-books and e-audiobooks through Libby and Tumblebooks, enjoy free access to digital magazines through RB Digital and Libby, get creative with Creativebug, learn a language with Transparent Language, or explore the variety of offerings in Tennessee Electronic Library.
If you need help getting started with the digital services or have a question staff will be available Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. by phone, 423-224-2539.
Thank you for your understanding as we do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit these sites:
- CDC official COVID-19 Overview Page
- Visualization of effects of social isolation- Washington Post
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center