KC Manuscript Collection 270
The Mayfair Methodist Church Collector’s Dish commemorates the beginning of the Mayfair Methodist Church of Kingsport. The church was created when the Maple Street Methodist Church and the Fairfield Methodist Church united on August 11, 1949. The new church officially opened in 1950 with Charlie D. Mehaffey serving as pastor. In 1951, Bishop Paul B. Kern officially declared the church open for worship.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Mayfield Methodist Church Collector’s Dish, c. 1949. KC Manuscript Collection 270, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Ms. Geraldine Seaver donated this collection in 2004.
Karen V. Ankabrandt, Archives Intern, developed the finding aid in January 2008.