Dr. E. W. Tipton began practicing in Kingsport in 1904. In 1914, he had the Tipton Building, on the corner of Broad and Main Streets, constructed. In addition to medicine, Tipton was active in local business and civic affairs. Dr. Tipton served on the Board of Mayor and Aldermen from 1935-1939 and as Mayor between 1939-1941.
Date Taken: c. 1943
Collection(s): American History Project Collection, c. 1943
ID#: KCMC 58 Dr. Tipton
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.