A group of republican women standing in front of the local Eisenhower-Nixon headquarters at 440 East Center Street. Eisenhower won his second term in 1956 with 457 of 531 votes in the Electoral College, and 57.6% of the popular vote. The headquarters were open each week day from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.
From left to right are MRS. CHARLES BACHELDER, MRS. JOHN DODD, MRS. W. H. ZUGSCHWERDT MRS D. S. SAMPLE, and MRS. MAX Y. PARKER.
Photographer: David Peirce
Date Taken: 1956
Collection(s): David Peirce Collection, 1950-1968
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.