The Merry Garden opened for business during August 1927. Under the proprietorship of Paul Warrick, customers were treated to “the best looking fountain in the country” where people could “feel at home when they came for a lunch or soda.” In fact, the store’s manager was so accommodating that he even advertised the “ladies’ rest room.” The Merry Garden was located on Broad Street between the Farmers and Merchants Bank and Broad Street Fruit and News Company (now Wallace News).
Date Taken: Undated
Collection(s): Merry Garden Inc Photograph, undated
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.