South side of New Street, from Cherokee to Commerce. Macgil Restaurant and A&P Super Market are both shown. Macgil Restaurant, located at 209 East New Street, was owned by Joseph E. Gill and Felix G. McMillon. A&P Super Market, located at 201 East New Street, was managed by George W. Stott. The Farmers’ Market corner is visible in the image’s background.
Photographer: McNeer, Thomas Jr.
Date Taken: 1946
Collection(s): Thomas McNeer, Jr. Collection, 1945-1988
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.