Texas Steer

The Texas Steer Drive-In was located at 420 W. Center Street and originally owned by Bill Harrell. The Texas Steer opened for business in 1950. The Texas Steer staff pose for the camera in this photograph taken in 1955. From left are Jim Williams, Helen McReynolds,? Owens, Patty Colley, Betty Winston, Jean Ball, Shirley Tate, Helen Sullivan, Sue Adkins, and Jerry Brooks. Guy Williams became owner of the business around 1953. The Texas Steer was a popular place for local teenagers to hang out at night.

Photographer: Louie T. Kesterson

Date Taken: 1955




Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.