The "Big Elm"

The “Big Elm” stood beside the Rotherwood Factory on the north fork of the Holston River. The factory produced silk and cotton. The factory later became a woolen mill owned by C.N. Jordan. Operations at the facility ceased in 1907. Neither the tree or the factory exists today.

Photographer: Unknown

Date Taken: Undated


ID#: KCMC186-3-21


Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.