The Downtowner Motor Inn was located on the corner of West Center and Shelby Street in downtown Kingsport. The Downtowner opened in 1960 and had 104 rooms. In 1974, the facility was called the Port O’ Kings Motor Inn and Restaurant. In 1981, the motel was known as the Travelers Lodge. Attorney Bobby Tate bought the building during the 1980s and renamed it the Kingsport Inn. It was demolished in the early 1990s.
Photographer: Thomas McNeer, Jr.
Date Taken: 1962
Collection(s): Thomas McNeer, Jr. Collection, 1945-1988
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.