The Owl Market, owned by Jason Jenkins and Raul N. McClain, was located at 508 E. Center Street. The grocery store stood between Nard’s Sport Shop and Kingsport Tire Recapping Company. The business was marketed as the “grocery store without a door.” The grocery store had its grand opening in May 1951.
Photographer: David Peirce
Date Taken: 1951
Collection(s): David Peirce Collection, 1950-1968
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.