Evelyn B. Sandusky Collection
KC Manuscript Collection 229
Archives of the City of Kingsport
The Evelyn Sandusky Collection consists of materials related primarily to her tenure as principal at Abraham Lincoln Elementary School in Kingsport, Tennessee. Sandusky became the school’s principal in 1945 following several years teaching and administrative experience in Somerset, Kentucky. She remained principal until her retirement during 1973. Materials included in the collection consist of clippings, correspondence, photographs, histories, PTA yearbooks, a scrapbook, and other items. Most materials were created between the 1950s and the early 1970s.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Evelyn B. Sandusky Collection, 1934-2000. KC Manuscript Collection 229, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Jeanne S. Conway (Evelyn’s sister) donated this collection in January 2001.
Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in July 2007.
Kingsport Public Schools Collection, 1883-Ongoing. KC Manuscript Collection 144, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
- Abraham Lincoln Elementary School (Kingsport, Tenn.)
- Sandusky, Evelyn B., 1908-2000.
1. Clippings, 1950-73 and 2000 (Includes Obituary)
2. Correspondence and Thank You Notes, 1950-73, 1991-93, and 1999 and Diploma, University of Kentucky, 1934
3. Histories of the School and Evelyn Sandusky, 1954-93 (Includes “A Tribute to Richard”)
4. Photographs, undated and 1988
5. Plaque from Students, 1973
6. Scrapbook, “This is Your Life” Program for Evelyn Sandusky, 1961
7. Spelling Bee for Kingsport City Schools, Grades K-5, 17 March 1984
8. Yearbooks, Lincoln School Parent Teacher Association, 1949-56