KC Manuscript Collection 112
Title: Ann K. Morison Collection
Collection Number: Kingsport Community Manuscript Collection (KCMC) 112
Physical Description: .5 linear feet (1 box)
Creator: Ann K. Morison
Repository: Archives of the City of Kingsport
Provenance: The Ann K. Morison Collection was donated to the Archives of the City of Kingsport by Ann K. Morison at various dates.
Access/Restrictions: There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Processed by: This collection was processed by Brianne Wright and opened for research in March 2011.
This collection should be cited as:
Ann K. Morison Collection, 1847-2003. KC Manuscript Collection 112, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
The Ann K. Morison contains a variety of materials relating to the history of Kingsport and its people. The collection consists of audiocassettes, photographs, correspondence, newsclippings and other documents. The collection is arranged in alphabetical order by folder subject.
BOX AND FOLDER LIST
- American Legion Hammond Post, 1948
- Bibliography of Tennessee Local History Sources: Hawkins and Sullivan County Historical Sources, undated
- Calvinistic Magazine, May 1847
- Carl’s First Days, 1879
- Correspondence (to B.M. Brown from Perley S. Wilcox), September 24, 1952
- Correspondence (between Singen Baden-Württemberg , Germany and the Kingsport Board of mayor and Alderman), 1955-1956
- Dobyns-Bennett High School Alumni News, 2002-2003
- Eastman Chemical Company, 1949-1995 and undated
- First National Bank of Sullivan County, 1968-1973
- Homecoming 1986, 1985-1986
- Homestead Hotel, undated
- J. Fred Johnson, correspondence and bio, 1993
- J. Fred Johnson and Company, Inc., financial records, 1934
- Junior League of Kingsport, 25th anniversary book, 1983
- Kingsport Area Civilian Defense, organizational chart, c. mid1940s
- Kingsport Times News Star Letters Dinner, Invitation and Program, February 1989
- Margaret Nelms Wimberly, “Memories of Kingsport and History of First Broad Street United Methodist Church, 1983-1993
- Margaret Stone Brashear, recollections of Kingsport, undated
- Mason & Dixon, 1932-1967
- Miscellaneous, c. 1919-1984
- New York Evening Post (reprints), undated
- Newsclippings, 1980s
- Photographs, 1918-1952 and undated
- Photographs, undated
- Photographs, undated
- Women of the Moose, membership booklet and committee book, 1949
- Women of the Moose, Rules and Regulations, 1958