Title: Pilot Club of Kingsport Collection
Collection Number: Kingsport Community Manuscript Collection (KCMC) 384
Physical Description: 1 box and oversize materials
Creator: Pilot Club of Kingsport
Repository: Archives of the City of Kingsport
Provenance: The Pilot Club of Kingsport Collection was donated to the Archives of the City of Kingsport by Marie M. Flanary, on behalf of the Pilot Club of Kingsport, in July 2008.
Access/Restrictions: There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Processed by: Brianne Johnson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in July 2008.
This collection should be cited as:
Pilot Club of Kingsport Collection, 1922-2008. KC Manuscript Collection 384, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
The Pilot Club International was founded and charted in 1921 as an international service organization. The volunteer service group focuses on brain related disorders such as Alzheimer’s, chemical dependency, traumatic brain injuries, developmental, emotional, and mental disabilities.
The Pilot Club of Kingsport was chartered in 1943. The club disbanded in the summer of 2008.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
The Pilot Club of Kingsport Collection contains various documents collected and maintained by the Pilot Club of Kingsport. The collection consists of certificates of awards, rosters, bylaws, and “The Pilot Log.” The collection also contains several artifacts and a display board with photographs and newspaper clippings highlighting various events.
BOX AND FOLDER LIST
- Banners (2), patches indicate various dates
- Booklet, “Welcome to Pilot,” 1957 and “The Pilot Log,” September 1954, March 1955 and Summer 2008.
- Certificate of award, first donor to Tennessee monument at Gettysburg, PA, April 18, 1982
- Charter members, 1943
- “History of District Seven,” various dates
- Notebook, includes Tennessee District roster and articles of incorporation and bylaws, 1987-1993
- Pilot Club International Charter, June 20, 1922
- Gavel, 1991
1. Display board, includes newsclippings and photographs, 2000-2001
2. Bell, inscribed- “Pilot Club of Kingsport, Tennessee ,Chartered June 1943”