Title: World War II History Collection
Collection Number: Kingsport Community Manuscript Collection (KCMC) 382
Physical Description: 8 folders
Repository: Archives of the City of Kingsport
Provenance: The donor of this collection is unknown. The materials were discovered in the archives in June 2008.
Access/Restrictions: There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Processed by: Brianne Johnson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in June 2008.
This collection should be cited as:
World War II History Collection, 1999-2000 and undated. KC Manuscript Collection 382, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
The World War II History Collection contains several essays and booklets written by members of the military who served in World War II. The writings contain stories and recollections of their time serving in the military. Included is a picture of the “Erwin Nine”, who were prisoners of war and information about the American WWII Orphans Network (AWON).
- “Erwin Nine” Air Force Prisoners of War, undated
- Hatcher, George L., Jr., “My World War II Experiences,” undated
- Krell, Max W., “Eighth Air Force Food Flights to the Netherlands (1945),” October 5, 1999
- Leasure, John Keith, “An Average Submarine,” July 10, 2000 and “My Time in the U.S. Navy,” September 28, 2000
- Leonard, Bobbi B., “No Celebrations for the Children,” American WWII Orphans Network (AWON), undated
- Query, Martha, “Lewis Shaw, Stationed on Easter Island,” undated
- Tennessee Chapter of the Eighth Air Force Historical Society, The Flyover, Winter edition 1999-2000
- “The USS Rock (SS 274) During WWII,” undated