Exterior view of (from right to left) Harkleroad Feed Company, Weaver’s Shoe Shop, Weaver Apartments, and other buildings along East Market Street. Harkleroad Feed Company, located at 122-124 East Market Street, was owned by Robert H. Harkleroad. The store sold feeds, seeds, insecticides, farm machinery, fertilizers, bee and poultry supplies, garden tools, and freezers. Weaver’s Shoe Shop, located at 118 East Market Street, was owned by Ernest A. Weaver. Weaver Apartments were located at 116 1/2 East Marker Street.
Photographer: McNeer, Thomas Jr.
Date Taken: 1946
Collection(s): Thomas McNeer, Jr. Collection, 1945-1988
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.