The Sobel Building was located at 200-04 East Center Street on the corner of Center and Commerce streets. Sobel’s Store remained at this location until its closure in 1999. The store carried a variety of fine men’s clothing. When this store was being built, the business was run by Harry L. and R. Morris Sobel. In the years prior to this location, the store had been operated at two different locations along Broad Street.
Photographer: McNeer, Thomas Jr.
Date Taken: 1948
Collection(s): Thomas McNeer, Jr. Collection, 1945-1988
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.