Large crowd of shoppers looking about the downtown J.C. Penny store. The store was located at 151-53 Broad Streets. A new J.C. Penny store was opened in 1949 at the corner of Broad and Center streets.
Photographer: McNeer, Thomas Jr.
Date Taken: 1948
Collection(s): Thomas McNeer, Jr. Collection, 1945-1988
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.