Opening of the Carver Branch library in the Riverview section of Kingsport. When this branch opened, the Riverview neighborhood was still segregated. Some of the people in the picture are E.W. Palmer (near the right pillar), sisters Anita and Marie Briscoe, Annette Burnette, Linda Cox, Reverend William H. Stokely, Willard C. and Ressie H. Long.
Date Taken: 1951
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.