Bachelder’s Studio and McLean Studio Photographs
c. January 1916 and 1925
KC Manuscript Collection 200
Archives of the City of Kingsport
This collection consists of negatives showing downtown Kingsport taken about January 1916 and the Kingsport Inn from around 1925. There are five images of the Inn showing the building from the front and sides. Images of downtown are all duplicates in both print and negative formats. The image shown in these shots was taken from Cement Hill looking towards the northeast. Main Street between Shelby and Broad streets serves as the image’s center. There are a number of small houses located in the background. Negatives of downtown are believed to be copies of either old glass plates or other negatives. These images were promotional tools for the Kingsport Improvement Company. McLean Studio shot the views of Kingsport Inn while the Bachelder Studio captured the image of downtown.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Bachelder’s Studio and McLean Studio Photographs, c. January 1916 and 1925. KC Manuscript Collection 200, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in February 2007.
Historic buildings–Tennessee–Kingsport–Pictorial works.
Kingsport (Tenn.)–Pictorial works.
Wordpress Administrator2012-07-02 14:27:152016-06-14 16:21:40Kingsport Inn
This image shows the exterior of the Kingsport Inn. This hotel…