Doug Burmeister Collection, 1929 and c. 1964

KC Manuscript Collection 123

The Doug Burmeister Collection consists of one souvenir postcard booklet with twenty images (including the cover and backside) and one 45 rpm phonograph album titled “A Sunny Day in Dallas” written and performed by Robert L. “Bobby” Peters.  Peters was a businessman, Princeton football star, and former Kingsport-area State Senator.  The postcard booklet was postally used and mailed during July 1929.  Images are on the front and back of each other.  The album includes the original cover with an image of him holding a guitar.  Apparently, “This record. . . [was] a preview disk, offered only in a very limited edition, to the people of the East Tennessee Area.  It is a collector’s item.  Treasure it!”

There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.

This collection should be cited as:

Doug Burmeister Collection, 1929 and c. 1964.  KC Manuscript Collection 123, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.

Doug Burmeister donated this collection in July 1994.

Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in June 2006. Brianne Johnson revised the finding aid in May 2008.

Historic buildings–Tennessee–Kingsport–Pictorial works.
Kingsport (Tenn.)–Pictorial works.
Peters, Robert L.



1. “On a Sunny Day in Dallas,” 45 rpm phonograph album, c. 1964

2. Postcard Booklet, postally used, 1929 –

Postcard titles:

*“Country Club and Golf Links”

*“Broad Street, From Main Street, Looking North”

*“The Homestead, Sullivan and Clay Streets”

*“The Kingsport Inn, Broad and Sullivan Streets”

*“C.C.&O. Railroad Passenger and Freight Stations”

*“Community “Y,” Center and Shelby Streets”

* “’Busy Corner,’ – Clinchfield Portland Cement Corp. in Fore Ground”

* “Shelby Apartments,Shelby Street”

* “Central High School Building, Watauga and Sevier Streets”

* “The Famous Rotherwood Farm at the Junction of the North and South Forks of Holston River”

* “The Circle—Baptist, Presbyterian and Methodist Churches”

* “The Kingsport Press, Where Books are Made”

* “Tennessee Eastman Corporation”

* “Kingsport Extract Corporation and Kingsport Tannery”

* “Corning Glass Works (Southern Division)”

* “Watauga Street in Resident Section”

* “Meade Fiber Corporation, Pulp Mill and Finishing Plant”

* “Kingsport Hosiery Mills”

* “A Bird’s-Eye View of Kingsport,Tenn.From ‘The Cement Hill’”

* “Kingsport Brick Corp. Showing Tile and Brick Plants”