KC Manuscript Collection 192
This collection consists of two postcards and a newspaper article concerning the chartering of the Kingsport Rotary Club during December 1923. Postcards are of “Kingsport Stores Inc., Kingsport, Tenn.” and “Hotel Kingsport, Kingsport, Tenn.” neither card has been postmarked. The Rotary Club article was printed by the Kingsport Times on 11 December 1923. It lists the names and occupations of executive board members and general members.
Membership list of the Kingsport Rotary Club:
|Jack Huffaker||Sam Pyle|
|O.S. Hauk||Ben Brown|
|Irwin Fuller||J. Fred Johnson|
|John “Bull” Nall||Bill Jennings|
|“Daddy” Long||John Thickens|
|Dick Johnson||Flem Dobyns|
|“Doc” Hillman||“Ponzi” Burbage|
|Carl Thornberg||Frank Cloud|
|“Red” Templin||“Dig” Long|
|Gus Caton||“Judge” Ferguson|
|Bill Mills||Bosco Warner|
|Bill Roller||Paul Marsh|
|Everett Woodyard||Kenneth Kenner|
|Tom Pierce||Cowan Turner|
|Walter Gentry||“Jeff” Shivell|
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Kingsport Postcards and Rotary Club Article, 1923 and undated. KC Manuscript Collection 192, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Emily and Lucile Jennings donated this collection in September 1996.
Brian Wilson processed the collection.
Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in February 2007.
Historic buildings–Tennessee–Kingsport–Pictorial works.
Kingsport (Tenn.)–Pictorial works.
Rotary Club of Kingsport (T.N.)–History.