KC Manuscript Collection 242
The National Exchange Club Collection identifies the local leaders and honorary members of a club that is dedicated to serving the community. Membership is by invitation only, so the Book of Golden Deeds recognizes “honorees,” mostly well accomplished women who are not actually a part of the men’s club. The plaque identifies Presidents of the local branch of the Club from 1953 through 1975. Bulletins and pamphlets in this collection describe the Club’s values, purpose, and its history. Programs from the annual Book of Golden Deeds Award Banquet are also included.
The National Exchange Club started in 1911 as a business and professional men’s group. By 1917 the Club had become a national non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community and upholding the American way.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
National Exchange Club Collection 1953-1975. KC Manuscript Collection 242, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Harry Faries, whose father was President of the local branch of the National Exchange Club in 1964, donated this collection in 2007.
Karen V. Ankabrandt, Archives Intern, processed the collection and developed the finding aid in July 2007.