Title: “There’s Only One Kingsport”: Kingsport Archive of History Photo Book
Collection Number: Kingsport Community Manuscript Collection (KCMC) 417
Physical Description: 1 folder
Repository: Archives of the City of Kingsport
Provenance: The provenance of the collection is unknown, the materials were found in the archives in January 2009.
Access/Restrictions: There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Processed by: This collection was processed by Brianne Wright and opened for research in January 2009.
This collection should be cited as:
“There’s Only One Kingsport”: Kingsport Archive of History Photo Book, 1905-1983.
KC Manuscript Collection 417, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
The collection contains a photo book compiled by the Kingsport Archive of History (the forerunner of the Friends of the Archives). The photos were randomly selected from thousands in their collection. The book appears to have been used as an example of one of the group’s mission to preserve historical photographs and as a way to generate support for the group.
1. Downtown Kingsport, c.1922
2. Kingsport Press Aerial, c.1947
3. First Presbyterian Church, c.1930
4. John Palmer, 1952
5. Panorama of downtown, 1918
6. Mason-Dixon Lines, mechanics group, 1946
7. Kingsport Police Department, 1946
8. Kingsport Kiwanis Club, 1930 (2 copies)
9. FirstMethodistChurch, 1925
10. AndrewJacksonElementary School “City Day,” 1934
11. Kingsport downtown, January 1916
12. American Legion Carnival, Frank and Mack Show, 1946
13. Committee of northern men who purchased the South and Western Railway Company from George L. Carter, 1905
14. Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railroad Depot, 1925
15. Downtown Kingsport, 1967
16. BroadStreetMethodistChurch, Men’s Bible Class, 1922
17. North Eastman Road at Reddy Creek Road, 1983