Shops on Main Street in this image include Watson’s, American Shoe Shop, the Brown Derby, and the Double Eagle Billiard Parlor. On the second floor above Watson’s was the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Hall that was a meeting place for the Lovedale Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows as well as other fraternal organizations.
Photographer: David Peirce
Date Taken: 1950
Collection(s): David Peirce Collection, 1950-1968
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.