KC Manuscript Collection 202
This collection consists of church directories and histories concerning the congregations of First Broad Street United Methodist Church, First United Methodist Church, Litz Manor Baptist Church, Mafair Methodist Church, Mafair United Methodist Church, and the Rock Springs Methodist Church. All churches are located within or around Kingsport, Tennessee. Each of these publications provides photographs of church members. In addition, there is an 8×10 color photograph of the entire Litz Manor congregation taken during 1999.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Church Directories and Histories, 1961-1999. KC Manuscript Collection 202, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Geraldine “Gerri” Seaver Byrd donated this collection in March 2007.
Jeff A. Jenson processed the collection and developed the finding aid in March 2007.
Churches–Sullivan County (Tenn.)
First Broad Street United Methodist Church (Kingsport, Tenn.)
First United Methodist Church (Kingsport, Tenn.)
Mafair United Methodist Church (Kingsport, Tenn.)
Rock Springs Methodist Church (Kingsport, Tenn.)
Litz Manor Baptist Church (Kingsport, Tenn.)
1. First Broad Street United Methodist Church, Directory, c. 1972
2. First United Methodist Church, Directory, 1918-1968
3. Litz Manor Baptist Church, Directory, 1992
4. Mafair Methodist Church, Directory, 1968
5. Mafair United Methodist Church, Directory, 1992 and Mafair’s Homecoming, Bulletin and Photograph, 1999
6. Rock Springs Methodist Church, 100th Anniversary, History, 1961