KC Manuscript Collection 280
The Tom P. Gannaway, Jr. Collection contains correspondence from Joshua Phipps, over-seer and eventual owner of the Rotherwood Plantation. Several stamped envelopes in the collection originally contained correspondence to and from Joshua Phipps. Photographs in the collection are undated; one photograph shows the Kingsport Brick Plant, and the other two are unidentified.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
This collection should be cited as:
Tom P. Gannaway, Jr. Collection, 1856-1877 and undated. KC Manuscript Collection 280, Archives of the City of Kingsport, Tennessee.
Tom P. Gannoway, Jr., donated this collection in 2004.
Karen V. Ankabrandt, Archives Intern, developed the finding aid in January 2008.
Kingsport (Tenn.)—Pictorial works
1. Unidentified Photographs (2), undated
2. Kingsport Brick Plant, Photograph, undated
3. Letter to Joshua Phipps, 1 August 1859
4. Letter to Joseph M. Logan, undated
- to Miss Anna Phipps from her grandmother, 4 March 1877
- to J.M. Phipps from P.P. Thomas, 3 October 1876
6. Letter to Joshua Phipps from W.P. Armstrong, 21 May 1856
7. Miscellaneous Envelopes, undated
8. Miscellaneous Envelopes, undated
9. “A Tale of Old Kingsport,” undated