Exterior view of the Beacon Drive-In located at 530 West Center Street. Nelle B. and William P. Major ran the restaurant. Customers could remain in their cars while enjoying milk shakes, hamburgers, sandwiches, and regular dinners. The Beacon’s specialty was hickory flavored Pit Bar-B-Q.
Photographer: McNeer, Thomas Jr.
Date Taken: 1955
Collection(s): Thomas McNeer, Jr. Collection, 1945-1988
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.