Aside from helping to establish Kingsport, J. Fred Johnson served as a store merchant. Johnson’s initial venture began in 1906 along the Holston River with branch stores on Hampton Avenue and Compton Terrace. By 1910,the “Big Store” combined the two enterprises and was located on Shelby St.
Date Taken: 1913
Collection(s): Photograph Compilation Collection, 1909-1983 and undated
Rights: Use of this image is governed by U.S. and international copyright laws. Image is property of the Archives of the City of Kingsport. High-resolution versions are available from the Archives in most instances.